Student Volunteer Opportunities
- Susan G. 科曼 – 寻找治愈方法的竞赛 – Assisted with Blood 新闻ure Screenings for 沃尔格林 Pharmacy
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – 生活周期 – Assisted in a first aid capacity with non emergency and emergency situations
- American Kidney Fund – Pair UP Event Launch to raise awareness for kidney disease – Assisted with Blood 新闻ure Screenings
- National Kidney Foundation – Kidney Early Evaluation Program in Brooklyn – Assisted with providing screenings to help identify early indicators of Kidney Disease
- PS15 HealthFair – Partnered with Long Island College Hospital to provide blood pressure screenings
- National Kidney Foundation – Kidney Early Evaluation Program in Queens – Assisted with various screenings to help identify early indicators of Kidney Disease.
- 纽约马拉松 – Assisting in a first aid capacity for runners
Thank you again for your assistance with securing 4 students to conduct blood pressure screenings for our Pair Up Launch in Times Square on September 22nd. 你的学生, with the assistance of 1 AKF staff member, was able to provide blood pressure screenings for 142 people in 2.5 hours, which was great! As our Communications & Marketing staff reviews pictures in the upcoming weeks, I will touch base with them to see if we can provide you a few action shot prints for your display. 现在, there are a couple of pictures on American Kidney Fund’s Facebook page with the students under the photos. 再次感谢!
Trina – American Kidney Fund
We could not have done our event without your Allen School students.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
你的学生 were exceptional- enthusiastic and ready to work. I was only there for the morning portion (9-12:30) but my colleague reported that the afternoon students were great as well.
进一步, there was an incident where a patient fainted (downstairs away from the blood pressure screening, totally unrelated) and Aishah Aponte was the student who took the patient’s blood pressure. My colleague, Sujeiry, says that Aishah handled the situation very well, like a true professional.
Thank you so much for your collaboration on this program. Once again, the students were wonderful and we hope to work with them again in the future.
Katherine – National Kidney Foundation
I must thank you for all of the wonderful medical assistants that you sent to us for the Susan G. 科曼 event on Sunday, 9/18. The students were punctual, pleasant, professional and knowledgeable. In addition to blood pressure screenings they helped us with other activities on site. It was a pleasure dealing with all of them and I am sure that our district would look forward to the opportunity to work with the Allen School in the future.